Date: Thursday, April 2nd, 2020
Time: 2:00PM– 3:30PM
Place: ZOOM Only Meeting
Agency Admin. Lead and/or Representative in Attendance:
|Aida Tesfai||Abode Services|
|Luis Gonzalez||Abode Services|
|Alex senegal||Bible Way/Destiny|
|Patricia Vargas||Bible Way/Destiny|
|Randi Rosen||Bill Wilson Center|
|Anthony Ortiz Jr.||California Youth Outreach|
|Conrad Solarez||California Youth Outreach|
|Julian Delgadillo||California Youth Outreach|
|Consuelo Collard||Catholic Charities|
|Yvette Avila||Center for Employment Training (CET)|
|Jade Bradley||Community Services|
|Maria Del Villar||Community Solutions|
|Lindsay Cross||County: SCVHHS – Ambulatory|
|Rebecca Siqueiros||County: SCVHHS – Ambulatory|
|Guillermo Munoz||County: SCVHHS – BHSD SUTS|
|Cassandra Brenzel||County: SSA|
|Maureen Damrel||Destination: Home|
|Justin Damrel||Downtown Streets Team|
|Alexander Le||Family Supportive Housing|
|Sophie Smith||Gardner Family Health Network|
|Janessa Villarruel||Gilroy Compassion Center|
|Rosalva Martinez||Goodwill Silicon Valley|
|Peter Wang||Health Trust|
|Jan Stokley||Housing Choices|
|Michael Love||Move Mountain View|
|Teresa Garcia||New Directions – Peninsula Healthcare Connection|
|Juan Vela||County Office of Reentry Services|
|Rita Anzualda||Pathway Society|
|Paulina Soto||Sacred Heart Community Service|
|Cindy Sutter-Tkel||Salvation Army|
|Darleny Padilla||San Jose Conservation Corp. (SJCC)|
|Cindy Parra||San Jose State University|
|Rosemary carranza||St. Joseph’s Gilroy|
|Roxanna Frias||Superior Court of CA, County of SCC|
|Catherine Farry||SV Community Services|
|Sean Guess||Work2Future Foundation|
Slides from the presentation are here:04. April 02 2020 Agency Admin. Meeting
- COC|Coordinated Assessment|UPLIFT Updates
- HMIS Newsletter
- Security Officer Document
- Coordinated Entry (CE) Changes
- COVID-19 Processes
- COVID-19 Resources
CoC|Coordinated Assessment Updates
- Updates regarding OSH Operations
- Updated guidance re: client signatures
- HMIS client consent form – e-signature okay
- Intake forms – signature requirement waived
- General guidance for housing programs
- Extend assistance as needed
- Be as flexible as possible to meet client needs
2019 CoC Awards
- Preliminary CoC Award Announcements made on 3/13/2020
- SCC Total award = $28,752,759
- ARD Increase is over $2.5 million
- SCC’s project awards include:
- 19 Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) projects
- 5 Rapid Rehousing (RRH) projects
- 2 Transitional Housing (TH) projects
- 2 TH-RRH projects
- 1 HMIS projects
- 1 Coordinated Entry project
- CoC 2020 NOFA still on track
- All local CoC meetings being held remotely, some postponed
- RRH and Employment Initiative – 4/9 and 4/23
- Performance Management Work Group – 4/9
- RRH Workshop – changing to virtual, dates and registration to be announced
- VI-SPDAT trainings conducted virtually – starting 4/14
- CoC NOFA Subcommittee – date and time TBD
Please be aware of the following Updates with the VTA.
There is No Fare Collection for all VTA transportations, your clients may use VTA transit free of charge.
Beginning Monday, March 30, VTA will offer reduced service during the shelter-in-place order.
Reduced service map:
We have reached out to each participating agencies UPLIFT Point of Contact to set up delivery.
- 1131 passes have been delivered out of the 1264 passes processed. If you have not received your any passes, please send us your mailing details to set up delivery
- This means there will be no pick-up option for your clients’ badges and/or stickers through at least April 7, 2020. The building at Charcot will be closed to the public.
- Delivery will require a signature.
- Your agency should have protocols in place to ensure that the badges and stickers are safely and securely received, stored, and distributed.
- Additionally, in an abundance of caution, the policy regarding affixing stickers to your client’s badges is suspended for this quarter. Clients may affix their own sticker to their badge, within the presence of staff if possible.
If there are changes who your UPLIFT Point of Contact is – please inform us @ UPLIFT@hhs.sccgov.org
For all UPLIFT related inquiries please email UPLIFT@hhs.sccgov.org
March 2020 Newsletter included:
- Responding to COVID-19: Strategies for Managing Infectious Disease Outbreaks Using HMIS
- POSTPONED: Change to coordinated Entry (CE)
- New and Upcoming Features in Clarity Human Services
- Report Spotlight: [OUTS-106] and [OUTS-105] Client Demographic Reports
- Upcoming Events
Security Officer Quarterly Compliance
- The due date for Q1 Has been extended to July 1, 2020
- Canned and Looker (data analysis) reports are available to get list of staff
- An HMIS Privacy Statement must be visibly posted at each HMIS intake desk (or comparable location). If the workstation is not in a fixed location HMIS Privacy. Statement must be provided as a handout.
Coordinated Entry (CE) Changes
POSTPONED: Changes Coming to Coordinated Entry
- Changes to Coordinated Assessment data entry were scheduled to go live on April 1st to comply with the 2020 HUD Data Standards.
- Due to COVID-19, HUD has postponed these required changes until October 1st, 2020.
- Over 250 HMIS users in Santa Clara County attended the required Coordinated Entry Changes webinars in March. Thank you!
Tentative plan to implement these changes July 1st, 2020.
- Webinars will be scheduled in June, 2020. Dates will be announced in May.
- If you completed a webinar in March, you will not need to complete the webinar again in June.
“We have received several questions regarding challenges with collecting client consent during the Shelter in Place restrictions across Santa Clara County.
We have developed the attached guidance in response, which includes guidelines for collecting consent electronically for assessors, housing providers, and homelessness prevention providers.
While the County is unable to waive legal requirements, even during this crisis, we understand that your first priority is serving your clients.”
VI-SPDAT trainings are being conducted remotely. Please use the following link to be redirected to the Eventbrite Registration for upcoming dates.
Revised Admin. Meeting Attendance
- Agency Admin meetings will continue to be held remotely during the health crisis.
- We recommend all agencies attend the meetings to stay up to date.
- Meeting attendance policy is being waived temporarily to ease administrative burden.
[GNRL-220] Program Details Report
Type of Report
This report is based on project enrollments. Clients without an enrollment will not be included in the Program Details Report
The Program Details Report returns all the fields and corresponding responses for selected screens. Additionally, the report provides some profile and Housing Service information, depending on the screen selected
This report is only available in Zip with xlsx files format. There will be a separate workbook for each program and screen type selected
Please refer to the slide deck for further details on how to pull this report and examples.
Expensify.org is going to temporarily redirect all of its charitable funds to Expensify.org/hunger.
- With its ability to reimburse volunteers directly in real-time, Expensify.org is uniquely positioned to help families in need immediately.
- Until today, this fund was focused on paying off kids’ “lunch debts” , but with schools closed around the nation, that isn’t the top priority. Instead, we’re devoting everything to a new program: matching SNAP grocery purchases up to $50 per family.
How it Works:
- Purchase food as normal with your SNAP card
- Download Expensify on iOS or Android, for free
- Join the Expensify.org/hunger policy
- SmartScan the receipt, which will tell us how much you paid and show that it was paid for with an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card
- Submit it to email@example.com
- Set up your bank account to receive the funds
- So long as we have funds available, we will reimburse up to $50 per family (one time), the very next day.
Santa Clara County Public Health Website
Working from Home Tips
Headphones- Single ear headset with a mute button. Any regular headphones/earbuds with a mic will work for your video calls.
Blue Light Filters- Blue light filters help prevent eye strain. I recommend purchasing blue light filter glasses or blue light filter screens to put on your monitors if you already wear glasses. Adjust brightness on your phone and monitors in the display settings.
Mouse- Using a mouse instead of a touchpad will make your home workstation feel more like your work workstation.
Chair- a good chair or cushion will allow you to work with fewer interruptions.
- Use a TV or projector as a second monitor with an HDMI cord.
Video Call Reminders
- Cover your laptop camera to avoid unintentional video access.
- Try a video call prior to joining a scheduled call so you are aware of how you/your environment will appear to the other participants.
- Wear appropriate clothing.
- Ensure there is no visible PII in your camera view.
- The people hosting the meeting usually have the ability to download chat logs and run attention reports to see if you are paying attention to you screen.
- Get the largest water bottle you can. Water is important and a large water bottle may stop you from visiting the refrigerator as often.
- Keep no/low prep veggies available to encourage healthy snacking.
- Do not go more than 2 days without showering, brushing your teeth, or wearing the same clothes.
- Try not to work in silence all day everyday. This may decrease feelings of isolation.
- If you feel inexplicably sad, it’s time to connect with friends and family.
Do you ever have questions about what entails being an Agency Lead?
Resources and Helpful Documents
Clarity HMIS & Looker Office Hours
At this time we are offering two different types:
- Looker Office Hours
- Ongoing support
- Space to ask general questions
- Receive assistance on questions you may have about a Looker related report or a report you want to create
- Other questions as they arise
- Clarity (HMIS) Office Hours
- Ongoing support
- Assistance with running reports
- Ask questions related to data entry
- Or maybe a refresher on data entry
- Other questions as they arise
We value your opinion and insight. Please share with us your suggestions by using our new SCC Virtual Suggestion Box. You can access it by using the link above or directly from the HMIS Support page under the CONTACT tab and scrolling to Virtual Suggestion Box option.
Next Agency Admin Meeting
Meeting Location: TBD
When: Thursday, May 7th, 2020
Time: 2:00pm – 3:30pm
Dates and locations for 2019 meetings are listed on the OSH website:
Bitfocus Contact Information
Bitfocus System Administration Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Janel Fletcher (email@example.com)
Alison Wilson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Trevor Mells (email@example.com)
Lesly Soto (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Support Team: email@example.com