Date: Thursday, December 3rd, 2020
Time: 2:00PM– 3:30PM
Place: ZOOM Only Meeting
Agency Admin. Lead and/or Representative in Attendance:
|First Name||Last Name||Agency|
|Consuelo||Collard||Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County|
|Simone||Berkowitz||Community Services Agency|
|Maria||Del Villar||community solutions|
|Alexander||Senegal||Destiny Re-Entry/Bibleway Christian Center|
|Justin||Damrel||Downtown Streets Team|
|Alexander||Le||Family Supportive Housing|
|Mai||Nguyen||Momentum for Health|
|Roseann||Martinez||Pathway Society, Inc|
|Racchel||Hileman||Peninsula Healthcare Connections – New Directions|
|Khoi||Nguyen||Santa Clara County – social Services Agency|
|Angelica||Holguin||Silicon Valley Independent Living Center|
|Cindy||Parra||SJSU Service Navigation|
|Roxanna||Frias||Superior Court of CA, County of Santa Clara|
|Lindsay||Cross||Valley Homeless Healthcare Program|
|Traci||Pickett||Veterans Housing Facility|
|Kerry||Lao||YWCA Silicon Valley|
Slides from the presentation are here:12. Agency Admin. Meeting 12.3.2020
- CoC|Coordinated Assessment|UPLIFT Updates
- HMIS Newsletter
- HIC/PIT Updates
- New Features
- Special Guest Speaker: Kerry Lao, YWCA
- Annual Privacy Training Recertification
- Coordinated Entry Data Quality
- LSA Data Quality (Overlapping Enrollments)
- Quiz Time!
- The Oct-Dec quarter will end on December 17th. This the last day to request a pass for this quarter.
- There are a total of 164 Errors for this quarter.
- In preparation for the next quarter, please review requests prior to making them to prevent delays due to errors.
- Quarter will begin December 18th. All requests for this quarter must be made on or after this day.
- DO NOT predate or postdate any requests; this will cause errors with request.
- To better serve our community during this time, there will not be allocation limits for this quarter, all passes will be offered on a first come, first serve basis, at the start of the quarter (Dec 18th). This applies for all agencies.
We are also looking for feedback to adapt our Program to reduce barriers for clients seeking UPLIFT services during this time. If you have any suggestions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If there are changes who your UPLIFT Point of Contact is – please inform us @ UPLIFT@hhs.sccgov.org
For all UPLIFT related inquiries please email UPLIFT@hhs.sccgov.org
Santa Clara HMIS News, November 2020
Welcome to the Santa Clara County HMIS Newsletter! In this edition you’ll find the following:
- Federal Reports: LSA is Underway!
- Clarity Connect 2020 – Recording Now Available
- Report Spotlight: Incoming Referrals
- Training Spotlight: UPLIFT Training
- Upcoming Events
Next PIT Community Meeting – Wednesday, December 16th at 1pm via Zoom. An invitation was sent out yesterday
Point in Time Count
- The County is continuing their COVID response efforts for unhoused residents.
- For our Unsheltered PIT Count we are currently considering modifications, such as delaying the count to give us sufficient time to ensure the safety of our volunteers and guides.
- We are strongly considering not conducting the survey part of the count due to safety concerns of volunteers and guides.
- The Unsheltered Count may be at the end of February or possibly later in March. HUD is being flexible to ensure safety of everyone involved
Coordinated Assessment Work Group: Thursday, January 14th, 2021 @ 1:00pm – 2:30pm.
Available in the training site now https://scc-train.clarityhs.com/login.
Published to live site later this month.
New Clarity Features
- Assign Multiple Staff to Program Enrollment
- New Favorite Reports Folder
- Favorite report retain parameter from last run
- Other user interface and back end improvements
New Looker Features
New Explore Field Picker
Backend and Performance Improvements
Special Guest Speaker: Kerry Lao, ASW Housing Programs Manager-RRH & PSH YWCA Silicon Valley
Overview of Services at YWCA
- In person response for DV/SA/HT survivors
- 24 hour support line (great way to connect to services!)
- Emergency shelter and motel program
- Rapid Re-Housing and Permanent Supportive Housing
- Child care and school based programs
- Legal services
- Counseling, therapy, and support groups
- and more
Participation in Coordinated Entry
- Conduct assessments
- Refer to Confidential Queue
- Draw from Confidential Queue for housing programs
- Provide training for GBV pre-screening tool for VI-SPDAT
Accomplishments and Challenges YWCA Housing Department
Growth of housing department and interventions available to survivors:
- RRH programming with county, other VSPs, City of SJ
- PSH program
- HPS programs
- Flexible funding resources
- Increased staffing and capacity
Ongoing challenges for housing department and clients:
- Affordable housing options
- Living wage careers, training for survivors
- Flexible funding resources
- Impact of trauma and abuse on homelessness
YWCA Interaction with HMIS
- Required to use external, comparable system to store and track client data and outcomes instead of HMIS/Clarity – ETO by Social Solutions
- Could benefit from Increased technical and financial support from OSH/SCC to support this platform and data collection/reporting
- Referrals to Confidential Queue are submitted through Google Doc – would like to see this system built out so advocates can provide updated information, check to make sure referral is still active, etc.
Self Care and Decompression
- With COVID – new ways of providing support and care to staff
- Increased PTO days for staff
- Zoom meetings for staff to gather, yoga, etc.
- Increased team meetings, one-on-one supervision, etc.
- Flexible schedules and solid boundaries between work and home
- Amigos has been incredible. Give them lots of $.
Feel free to reach out:
408-295-4011 x 3811
Annual Privacy Training Recertification
Required on Annual Basis
- ALL USERS required to retake The SCC HMIS Client Consent training
- Recertification is required on a yearly basis (even if you already took the training last year)
- Information will be provided starting in January
Deadline to Complete Recertification
- Sunday, January 31st, 2021 EOB
- Failure to complete will result in HMIS account deactivated until completion
- Training registration name/email needs to match the HMIS account
Coordinated Entry DQ
- Continued efforts on sending out emails informing you of any data quality issues that we notice
- Common DQ Issues that we continue to see
- VI-SPDATs Missing Referrals
- Assessments set to Private
- VI-SPDAT Assessment Missing for the CE program enrollment
- Missing CLS (Current Living Situation) should be recorded at enrollment for Street Outreach, NBN & Services only programs, and the Date of Contact should be the same date as the Project Start date on the enrollment screen for new enrollments
LSA DQ Overlapping Enrollments
- Some of you received an email on Tuesday regarding Overlapping Enrollments
- We are requesting you update as many enrollments as possible – we understand this can be a daunting task
- Here are some tips to consider when doing DQ
- Verify the dates of the enrollment
- Clients cannot be in a shelter and a PH program at the same time
- Check to ensure that entry or exit dates are not incorrect
- If its 2 NBN shelters, then look at the services and check if there were bed nights on the same date – clients cannot be in two beds at once
- Verify bed nights where possible
- If 1 program is RRH or PSH then verify the move-in date and make sure there is no overlap with a shelter or other housing
- Please note there cannot be a Move-In Date after the Exit Date.
Agency Admin. Related Question
A staff member with HMIS access is no longer working at my agency. As the Agency Administrator, what is your next step:
- Contact email@example.com within 48 hours
- Contact OSH Manager within 48 hours
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours
- Contact email@example.com within 48 hours
ROI Related Question
A client has a valid non-expired ROI at a different agency. What is the next step:
- Complete a new ROI under my agency
- Review the existing ROI for completeness and accuracy
- Review the initial boxes, signature line, and dates, on the existing ROI
- Both 2 & 3
Coordinated Entry Related Questions
Coordinated Entry Assessments are only recorded in the Coordinated Entry Program.
A Current Living Situation Assessment is required only when completing a Coordinated Entry Program enrollment.
End User Related Questions
I am required to complete a VI-SPDAT Training to acquire access to HMIS?
If it has been more than a year (365 days) since I last logged in, I will need to complete all required training?
SCC HMIS Security Checklist
will be Due for each agency by
January 31st, 2021
Your Assistance is Requested
Please share with us your thoughts and suggestions on future Data Engagement Workshop Topics by participating in this Survey!
Conducted from the comfort of your own office! Each Office Hours session is hosted online by your Santa Clara County Clarity System Administration team. You can connect using your computer (recommended so that you can see demos and post questions) and/or dial in by phone using the Zoom links provided below.
Where Are Office Hours Held?
Looker Office Hours
When: Every other Monday of the month from 2:00pm-3:00pm
Zoom Link: https://bitfocus.zoom.us/j/94622680152
Clarity (HMIS) Office Hours
When: Every other Thursday from 10:00am-11:30am
Zoom Link: https://bitfocus.zoom.us/j/617946839
SCC Clarity HMIS Training Site
Want to hone your skills at data entry without compromising actual client data?
Use the End User Clarity HMIS Training Site
We value your opinion and insight. Please share with us your suggestions by using our new SCC Virtual Suggestion Box. You can access it by using the link above or directly from the HMIS Support page under the CONTACT tab and scrolling to Virtual Suggestion Box option.
Next Agency Admin Meeting
Meeting Location: Zoom Link
When: Thursday, January 7th, 2021
Time: 2:00pm – 3:30pm
Dates and locations for 2020 meetings are listed on the OSH website:
Bitfocus Contact Information
Support Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bitfocus System Administration Team: email@example.com
Trevor Mells (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Alison Wilson (email@example.com)
Lesly Soto Bright (firstname.lastname@example.org)