Date: Thursday, March 5th, 2020
Time: 2:00PM– 3:30PM
Place: Pearl Avenue Branch Library Community Room 4270 Pearl Avenue, San José, CA 95136
Agency Admin. Lead and/or Representative in Attendance:
|Aida Tesfai||Abode Services|
|Lorena Madrid||BHSD SUTS|
|Laura Foster||Bill Wilson Center|
|Consuelo Collard||Catholic Charities|
|Brandi Jothimani||Community Services Agency|
|Mark Fries||Community Solutions|
|Maria Del Villar||Community Solutions|
|Ariana Ayala||Custody Behavioral Health|
|Maureen Damrel||Destination: Home|
|Downtown Streets Team|
|Alexander Le||Family Supportive Housing|
|Sophie Smith||Gardner Health Services|
|David Marez||Good Samaritan Project|
|Julian Delgadillo||Good Samaritan Project|
|Julies Nguyen||Goodwill of Silicon Valley|
|Bryan Leung||HealthRIGHT 360|
|Kenya Rawls||JobTrain – SCC|
|Roseann Martinez||Pathway Society Outpatient|
|Baldeep Pabla||Peninsula Healthcare Connection New Directions|
|Kristen Gimenez||Salvation Army|
|JoEllen Reece||SCC BHSD|
|Rebecca Siqueiros, MSW||SCC OSIT-Whole Person Care|
|Paulina Soto||Sacred Heart Community Service|
|Cindy Parra||SJSU Mentoring Program|
|Cassandra Brenzel||SSI Advocacy & Vocational Services|
|Rosemary Carraza||St. Joseph’s Family Center|
|Catherine Farry||Sunnyvale Community Services|
|Vanesa Fimbrez||Superior Court of CA – Treatment Court|
|Jin Song||The Health Trust|
|Daniel Guhl||The Salvation Army|
|Lorna Lindo||Valley Homeless Healthcare Program|
|Lindsay Cross||Valley Homeless Healthcare Program|
|Guillermo Munoz||VMC BHSD|
|Lourdes Rivera||VMC EVC|
|Luis Gonzalez||Abode Services|
|Carletta Cooley||Bible Way Christian Center|
|Marty Estrada||Midtown Family Services|
Slides from the presentation are here:03. Agency Admin Meeting March 5th, 2020
- COC|Coordinated Assessment|UPLIFT Updates
- HMIS Newsletter
- Breakout Groups
- Security Officer Document
- Coordinated Entry Changes
- Recommended Resources
CoC|Coordinated Assessment Updates
In-person attendance requirements will be suspended and we understand if people would prefer to participate via phone.
Here are the other updates:
- CoC NOFA Committee Meetings are underway. HUD has not yet released the 2020 CoC NOFA, but preparation for the local application process is underway. We will send out an announcement as soon as the NOFA is released. If you are interested in applying for CoC funds, you must attend the CoC Technical Assistance (TA) Workshop, which will be scheduled when the NOFA is released. Please look out for that announcement on the CoC listserv.
- Re: Coronavirus – OSH will send information from public health or other county departments to the CoC listserv. Please reach out to Homebase if you are not on the listserv. An email was sent out yesterday with links to information from Public Health, as well as resources from HUD, including the CoC Infectious Disease Toolkit. That toolkit includes resources on preventing and managing the spread of infectious disease within shelter and encampments.
- HUD Announced an upcoming NOFA to address Unsheltered Homelessness. They have not released the NOFA yet, but we will be watching for it and Kathryn will reach out with additional information when we know more. We have limited details at this point, but we know that funds will be utilized under the CoC Program. Applicants will be required to develop a plan to demonstrate how they will reduce unsheltered homelessness. The CoC may need to pull together agencies and stakeholders to develop the plan and gather input. More info to come.
- Upcoming meetings – which can be seen on the CoC Events Calendar on the Office of Supportive Housing website:
Service Providers Network Meeting
When Wed, March 11, 9:30am – 11:00am
Where County of Santa Clara, Adult Probation Office, 2314, North 1st Street, 2nd Floor (Orientation Room), San Jose, CA 95131. (map)
Coordinated Assessment Work Group
When Thursday, March 12, 1:00pm – 2:30pm
Regarding the Coordinated Assessment Work Group, please remind them that we will be discussing the results of the Coordinated Assessment System Evaluation and making recommendations to update the assessment and prioritization processes.
SCC CoC VI-SPDAT Training
When Wed, March 25, 9am – 10am
Where Health Trust Board Room – 3180 Newberry Drive – Suite 200 – San Jose, CA 95118 (map)
2020 CoC NOFA Committee Meeting
When Wed, March 25, 1pm – 3pm
Where Cedar Room 2310 N. 1st St., 2nd Floor San Jose, CA, 95131 (map)
Location:Cedar Room 2310 N. 1st St., 2nd Floor San Jose, CA, 95131
Congratulations everyone, we distributed all 2500 stickers for the quarter.
- If you have unfulfilled request because of no stickers left, please refer to page 18 of the user handbook, to properly request passes for the upcoming Apr-Jun’2020 quarter.
- If you made a new enrollment request, please follow instructions for new clients
- For continuing clients follow the instructions specific to those requests
- Apr-Jun’20 quarter will begin March 13th, requests must be made on or after this day.
- Please do NOT pre-date or back-date the referral. Enter the date as you are physically in front of the computer to enter or update our clients’ information.
- For UPLIFT Point of Contacts:
- Allocations Surveys were due on March 4th , if you agency has not turned yours in yet, please do so immediately to prevent deduction in your 1st month allocation.
- SAVE THE DATE – April 15th we will be holding our 2020 UPLIFT Collaboration Meeting. All UPLIFT participating agencies POCs must attend, or send a representative.
- The meeting will highlight major changes to our UPLIFT program and policies, which may affect your program.
- Invites will be sent to all point of contact shortly.
If there are changes who your UPLIFT Point of Contact is – please inform us @ UPLIFT@hhs.sccgov.org
Attached is our 2020 UPLIFT schedule:
February 2020 Newsletter included:
- Thank You!
- Changes Coming to Coordinated Entry
- Scheduled Webinars!
- Wednesday, March 11th, 2020 from 1:00-2:00pm. Register here.
- Friday, March 13th, 2020 from 11:00am-12:00pm. Register here.
- Tuesday, March 17th, 2020 from 9:30-10:30am. Register here.
- Thursday, March 19th, 2020 from 4:00-5:00pm. Register here.
- Monday, March 23rd, 2020 from 9:00-10:00am. Register here.
- Thursday, March 26th, 2020 from 2:00-3:00pm. Register here.
- Help Desk Reminders for Agency Leads
- Report Spotlight (with actual title and anchor link)
- Upcoming Events
Breakout Session: How Well Do You Know HIC/PIT
SCC Quarterly Compliance Checklist
- Required each quarter by all agencies.
- Updated version and instructions on website soon
- Return to firstname.lastname@example.org
Coordinated Entry (CE) Changes
- Each agency will have a Coordinated Entry program
- Assessors will need to enroll adults and households with minor children in the CE program at their agency
- Coordinated Entry Assessments (VI-SPDAT/VI-F-SPDAT) will be recorded in the Coordinated Entry Program
- Current Living Situation assessment will be recorded in the Coordinated Entry program
HMIS User Survey
How to Access the User Satisfaction Survey
- An email was sent out on Friday, February 7th, to all HMIS users with a link to the survey or
- Click on the image above to be redirected
- Click here to be redirected to the Survey
- Thanks in advance for participating!
Please note the Survey will close on Friday, March 13th, 2020 by EOB.
To recertify, HMIS users will need to rewatch the Client Consent Training, complete the quiz, and sign the electronic End User Agreement.
The training is available now on the SCC HMIS website:
Please note it is the End Users responsibility to request their account be reinstated.
You will receive an email if we are still needing your TA and/or MOU documentation
Please note all required signatures must be on the document
County Agencies are NOT required to submit and MOU agreement
All Agencies ARE REQUIRED to submit a TA Agreement
Thank you if you have already submitted both!
Clarity HMIS & Looker Office Hours
At this time we are offering two different types:
- Looker Office Hours
- Ongoing support
- Space to ask general questions
- Receive assistance on questions you may have about a Looker related report or a report you want to create
- Other questions as they arise
- Clarity (HMIS) Office Hours
- Ongoing support
- Assistance with running reports
- Ask questions related to data entry
- Or maybe a refresher on data entry
- Other questions as they arise
EMAIL ALERT: You should have received an email this week asking you to please check and confirm the information sent is correct.
Bitfocus ran data for the number of clients served the night of Tues, Jan 28 and sent this out with a list of housing and shelter programs that we previously reported to HUD
If you haven’t already looked at it:
- Inventory information: Please do a review and confirm the information
- Let us know if any new housing or shelter programs have come online during calendar year 2019
- Similarly, let us know if any programs on our list have stopped operating during calendar year 2019
- Client data: Please review data for the number of clients served the night of Tuesday, Jan 28 and let us know if the numbers do not look accurate
SCC Agency Admin. Attendance Policy
What to Expect:
- Required 7/11 In-Person Meetings beginning every January (calendar year)
- First Warning will be probationary status with a requirement to attend all 7/11 meetings in the following year
- If continued missed attendance OSH will take disciplinary action
- Discontinued Partner Agency Status
We value your opinion and insight. Please share with us your suggestions by using our new SCC Virtual Suggestion Box. You can access it by using the link above or directly from the HMIS Support page under the CONTACT tab and scrolling to Virtual Suggestion Box option.
Next Agency Admin Meeting
Meeting Location: Pearl Avenue Branch Library Community Room
When: Thursday, April 2nd, 2020
Time: 2:00pm – 3:30pm
Dates and locations for 2019 meetings are listed on the OSH website:
Bitfocus Contact Information
Bitfocus System Administration Team: email@example.com
Janel Fletcher (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Alison Wilson (email@example.com)
Trevor Mells (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Lesly Soto (email@example.com)
Support Team: firstname.lastname@example.org