Date: Thursday, May 2nd, 2019
Time: 1:30 – 3:30PM
Place: Sobrato Conference Center, Milpitas
600 Valley Way, Room 1
Milpitas, CA 95035
Slides from the presentation are here:05. May Agency Admin Meeting 5_2_19
- CoC / Coordinated Assessment / UPLIFT
- HMIS Newsletter
- Housing Inventory Count (HIC) / Longitudinal System Analysis (LSA)
- HMIS New Features
- Breakout Groups
- Continuous Data Quality Improvement – CDQI
- Next Month’s Meeting
CoC / Coordinated Assessment / UPLIFT
- Coordinated Assessment Work Group – Thursday, May 9th, 1-2:30pm
- Coordinated Assessment Prioritization Subcommittee – Thursday, May 23rd, 1-3pm
- Affordable Housing Week – May 3rd-17th, 2019
- As of 5/1/2019 there are 263 (two-hundred-sixty-three) Apr-Jun ’19 quarter sticker left for this quarter
- Numbers will be processed on 5/2/2019 having a potential impact on number stated above
- REMINDER TO PROVIDERS: Before making your request, check your client’s HMIS ROI (Release of Information) to ensure it is valid
If client did not consent to have a photo posted, DO NOT upload a photo of the client
All 5 pages of the ROI must be uploaded for ROI to be valid
Requests with Invalid ROIs will not be processed, and client will be deleted from the UPLIFT Program.
- Pooled-Sticker period has started. All remaining stickers will be offered to all Agencies, at a first come first served basis
Please do NOT pre-date or back-date the referral. Enter the date as you are physically in front of the computer to enter or update our clients’ information.
Please follow step by step instructions starting on page 16 of rev.4 UPLIFT User Handbook. Be sure to go with New Client if the request was not filled due to 1st month allocation limit.
If you received an email for Allocation Limit, please do the following to complete your UPLIFT requests:
1. If you request for an UPLIFT Pass via New Enrollment
a. Update your client’s UPLIFT Program’s Enrollment date to or after 5/1/19
2. If you request for UPLIFT Pass via Status Assessment
a. Update your Client’s UPLIFT Status assessment date to on or after 5/1/19
- Replacement period has started. Please do NOT pre-date or back-date the referral
Please follow step by step instructions starting on page 19 of the Handbook.
Please remember to email UPLIFT@hhs.sccgov.org the reason(s) for a replacement request or it won’t be processed.
§ Bad Example email detailing reason client lost badge:
“Hello, Client, HMIS# ABCDEFG lost their badge and needs a replacement thank you”
§ Good Example email detailing reason client lost badge:
“Client, HMIS# ABCDEFG came to the office stating that his bus pass was stolen on MMDD. He is currently homeless and stated that he got really tired and fell asleep in the park and when he woke up his belongings were stolen including his bus pass. He and I explored different options including getting him a lanyard or a badge holder to prevent re-occurrence.”
- Last day of the Apr-Jun quarter is June 13th, 2019. Jul-Sep’19 Quarter begins June 14th
- Contact UPLIFT (408-793-1832) and/or UPLIFT@hhs.sccgov.org if you don’t receive any communication from UPLIFT on the requests after 5 (five) working days.
Will be sent out monthly to all HMIS users
March 2019 Newsletter included:
- HMIS in the Community: Performance Management Work Group
- From the HelpDesk
- Getting Group Enrollments Right
- Report Spotlight: [GNRL-220] Program Details Report
- Upcoming Events
- Bitfocus is Hiring!
Housing Inventory Count (HIC)/Point In Time Count (PIT)
Thanks to everyone for helping with the Housing Inventory Count (HIC) and Point In Time Count (PIT)!
The HIC and PIT were submitted on time, by the April 30 deadline. HUD will review the information and ask follow-up questions if needed.
HIC and PIT results will be shared after HUD finishes their review.
Thanks to everyone for helping with the Longitudinal System Analysis (LSA)!
We are continuing to review warnings with HUD and may still have last minute questions for agencies.
HUD has not announced a deadline, but we expect it to be in early May.
HMIS New Features: Client Contact Tab
Location and Contact information are now on their own dedicated tabs.
The Contact tab contains all contact fields (Type, Name, Email, Phone), as well as Status, Notes, and an option to make the contact entry private.
To access the Contact tab, navigate to the Contact tab in the client record.
HMIS Upcoming Data Entry Field: Deceased Toggle
In efforts to help identify deceased clients a toggle will be added to clients profile section in HMIS. HMIS users will receive a detailed email notification of this upcoming addition, as well as next steps and a date when this feature will go live.
Break Out Groups: A Closer Look at the ROI
A client walks into your agency and is requesting assistance. You inform them of the next steps and requirements of your program. You discuss with the client the ROI and ask they initial the items after they have read them. The client returns the ROI to you and you notice the following item has not been signed off?
Box 1 Identifying information
How do you proceed with this client?
The client must be entered as Anonymous
As you review the ROI that was just filled in by a client you note that she has not signed off on boxes 3 (medical information), 5 (mental health information), 6 (substance abuse treatment), 7 (financial and benefits information) and 8 (housing information).
You know this will have an impact on information that is entered into HMIS as well as the clients score. How will you proceed with the VI-SPDAT? Or do you? What needs to happen next?
- Proceed with the VI-SPDAT Form, but do it on paper
- IF the client does not score high enough on the assessment to qualify, proceed to entering those responses that will not have an impact on the boxes signed off on the ROI
- IF client scores high enough on the assessment to qualify, enroll the client into the program and proceed to entering those responses that will not have an impact on the boxes signed off on the ROI
You have a client that is concerned with their legal status in the United States. She is wondering how her sharing information with you may result in her being deported.
What is your response to this client?
- Agencies that use HMIS are not the “owners” of the data entered so therefore cannot share any information
- IF Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) or the Police wanted access to the information entered, they would need to get a subpoena or a court ordered document
What State has the highest number of homeless people?
b. New York
What race is most affected by homelessness?
b. African American
Continuous Data Quality Improvement – CDQI
Data quality is a term that refers to the reliability and validity of client-level data in HMIS. It is measured by the extent to which data in the system reflects actual information in the real world. With good data quality, a Continuum of Care can accurately tell its story of the individuals and families it serves.
- In general, Agency Administrators should evaluate and correct data quality quarterly using the following schedule:
- First month of quarter: begin data quality review, focused on ensuring the correct number of clients are enrolled and there are no null values. Make corrections as needed.
- Second month of quarter: review data to verify accuracy of data compared other records. For example, ensure that veteran status data entered into Clarity is correct
- Third month of quarter: assess agency workflow to identify process improvements that may help ensure high quality data is consistently entered into system.- share your experience with OSH Managers and Bitfocus!
SCC Data Quality DashboardSCC Data Quality Dashboard 2019-05-03T1129
Upcoming SCC Data Literacy Institute WorkshopDLI Workshop
Access to HMIS
For any new staff that need access to HMIS please note they will need to complete the following REQUIRED trainings
- Online Clarity General Training (prerequisite for account creation)
- Pre-recorded SCC HMIS Client Consent Training (prerequisite for account creation)
- In-Person SCC VI-SPDAT Training*
*Users MUST first complete (1) Clarity General Training and (2)SCC HMIS Client Consent Training. The in-person (3) SCC VI-SPDAT Training registration is available here.*If VI-SPDAT training is not completed within two months of HMIS account creation, access will be suspended until the VI-SPDAT training is completed.”
Next Agency Admin Meeting
Thursday, June 6th, 2019 from 1:30-3:30pm
600 Valley Way, Room 1
Milpitas, CA 95035
Dates and locations for 2019 meetings are listed on the OSH website:
Bitfocus Contact Information
Bitfocus System Administration Team: email@example.com
Janel Fletcher (firstname.lastname@example.org )
Alison Wilson (email@example.com )
Lesly Soto (firstname.lastname@example.org )
Support Team: email@example.com