Date: Thursday, November 5th, 2020
Time: 2:00PM– 3:30PM
Place: ZOOM Only Meeting
Agency Admin. Lead and/or Representative in Attendance:
|Aida Tesfai||Abode Services|
|Rani Jain||Abode Services|
|Aurora Olivares||Amigo de Guadalupe|
|Alex Senegal||Bible Way/Destiny|
|Laura Foster||Bill Will Center|
|Randi Rosen||Bill Wilson Center|
|Anthony Ortiz Jr.||California Youth Outreach|
|Belinda Cruz||California Youth Outreach|
|Conrad Solarez||California Youth Outreach|
|David Marez||California Youth Outreach|
|Julian Delgadillo||California Youth Outreach|
|Consuelo Collard||Catholic Charities|
|Brandi Jothimani||Community Services Agency of Mountain View|
|Maria Del Villar||Community Solutions|
|Lindsay Cross||County: SCVHHS – Ambulatory|
|Lorna Lindo||County: SCVHHS – Ambulatory|
|Rebecca Siqueiros||County: SCVHHS – Ambulatory|
|JoEllen Reece||County: SCVHHS – BHSD (MHD – DTC)|
|Gerald Witters||County: SCVHHS – BHSD SUTS|
|Guillermo Munoz||County: SCVHHS – BHSD SUTS|
|Chennan Liu||County: SSA|
|Khoi Nguyen||County: SSA|
|Nelsa Alexandre||County: SSA|
|Justin Damrel||Downtown Streets Team|
|Alex Le||Family Supportive Housing|
|Sophie Smith||Gardner Health Services|
|Jan Stokley||Housing Choices Coalition|
|Rachel Hileman||New Directions – Peninsula Healthcare Connection|
|Rita Anzualda||Pathway Society|
|Emrica Agossa||Roots Community Health Center|
|Pauline Bayati||Sacred Heart Community Service|
|Daniel Guhl||Salvation Army|
|Jesse Mejia||San Jose State University Research Foundation (SJSU)|
|Shawna Cagle||Santa Clara Family Health Plan (SCFHP)|
|Jose Macias||St. Joseph’s Family Center|
|Aaron Weinstein||Starlight Community Services|
|Catherine Farry||Sunnyvale Community Services|
|Roxanna Frias||Superior Court of CA, County of Santa Clara|
|Hameeda Sharifi||Telecare Corporation|
|Babita Kumari||The Health Trust: County Collaborative|
|Irma Gonzalez||Victory Outreach|
|Audrey Bui||West Valley Community Services|
|Jade Bradley||West Valley Community Services|
Slides from the presentation are here:11. November Agency Admin. Meeting 11_5_20
- CoC|Coordinated Assessment|UPLIFT Updates
- HIC/PIT Updates
- LSA Updates
- HMIS Newsletter
- New Coordinated Entry (CE) Reports
- Potential DEW Topics
- Agency Manager Access Role
- Guest Speaker – Who’s Interested?
- Clarity Connect
- Security Checklist
- Next Months Meeting
CoC|Coordinated Assessment Updates
CoC membership meeting was held on 10/12. Notes from the meeting will be posted this week. Membership meetings are held twice annually and at the October meeting the membership nominated two individuals for the CoC board to consider for board membership. The board has not yet acted on the nominated members.
- The Coordinated Assessment Workgroup Meeting , Thursday, November 12, 2020 1:00 PM-2:30 PM
- Service Providers Network Meeting, Wed, November 18th, 9:30am – 11:00am
- Transmission among the homeless community continues to be lower than the general population. Thank you all for your efforts to protect our community!
- If clients you are working with need isolation and quarantine support due to testing positive or being exposed to a positive individual, please contact the hotline. Isolation and quarantine support is also available for clients who are housed and need support to isolate at home.
- Teams operating the hotel sites are working with clients on re-housing strategies and there will be a rapid rehousing push in the coming months.
Community Plan progress
- The CoC is tracking progress towards the community plan targets and will report back at a future meeting.
- We are still asking cities and agencies to endorse the plan and identify agency actions that will advance the strategies and help us meet the community-wide goals.
- Still no update from HUD on the CoC competition for 2019.
- Prior to making UPLIFT requests, please make sure the client’s ROI is valid. You’ll find HMIS ROI FAQ here, as well as an illustrated guide here .
- Only data the client consented to release on their ROI can be entered into HMIS!
- Please email UPLIFT@hhs.sccgov.org if any of your clients need a replacement UPLIFT pass.
- We are no longer in the limited allocation period; please order as many passes as your agency needs.
- VI-SPDAT: A valid, current VI-SPDAT is now required for any homeless clients for whom you request an UPLIFT pass. Please see the document “When should I do a VI-SPDAT?” located on the SCC HMIS webpage to ensure your client has a valid VI-SPDAT.
If there are changes who your UPLIFT Point of Contact is – please inform us @ UPLIFT@hhs.sccgov.org
For all UPLIFT related inquiries please email UPLIFT@hhs.sccgov.org
What is the Point-in-Time Count?
All jurisdictions receiving federal funding to provide housing and services for homeless populations through McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Grant are required by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to conduct a biennial Point-in-Time count of unsheltered and sheltered homeless individuals and families. The count must happen within the last ten days of January and all data must be tied to one night.
Why does the Point-in-Time Count matter?
Point-in-Time Count data are the primary data used for federal funding allocations and national estimates of homelessness. The numbers reported by your community are used by the US Interagency Council on Homelessness and all federal departments including Housing and Education. PIT Count numbers are also most often cited by local strategic plans, state, county and city government and the media.
The PIT Count will be different in 2021 in a few ways:
- To follow Covid-19 safety guidelines we will be pre-assigning tracts to outreach and volunteer teams before the day of count instead of assigning them at deployment locations
- Using a mobile app to count homeless individuals
- Community involvement and participation is critical – we look forward to your input and suggestions to make this a successful PIT Count
- If you have any questions or did not get an invitation to the meeting please contact Leila Qureishi at the Office of Supportive Housing – email@example.com
Please join us for our November Planning Committee Meeting for the 2021 Point-in-Time Homeless Census and Survey which will take place on:
Tuesday and Wednesday, January 26-27, 2021.
We will be discussing the survey at the November meeting so please come prepared to discuss questions that may be no longer relevant, and questions you would like to see added or possibly removed.
Here is the zoom information:
Topic: Nov 2020 PIT Count Planning Committee
Time: Nov 17, 2020 01:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
- LSA 2019 and 2020 have been uploaded to HDX 2.0 and have been accepted
- LSA 2019 and 2020 have been submitted; we should receive within the next few weeks a report of items that require data quality clean-up
- Please be prepared to receive emails requesting your assistance in any clean-up that we are not able to do
- As we know more, we will keep you posted
- DEADLINE: 11/27/2020 to submit the LSA
Santa Clara HMIS News, October 2020
Welcome to the Santa Clara County HMIS Newsletter! In this edition you’ll find the following:
- New Coordinated Entry Reporting Features
- Report Spotlight: Program Details Report
- Upcoming Events
- Bitfocus is Hiring (bitfocus.com)
New Coordinated Entry (CE) Reports
New Reports Now Available: 6 new reports available all related to coordinated entry assessments and referrals.
Please note embedded links with more detailed information.
- [OUTS-108] CE Demographics Report
- [GNRL-404] CE Assessment Details Report
- [GNRL-405] CE Assessing Staff Report
- [RFRL-103] Referral Statistics (inbound)
This report provides counts of the referrals received by your agency, and shows counts by “status” such as: pending, in-process, denied, expired, including the number of days since referral.
- [RFRL-104] Referral Statistics (outbound)
- [RFRL-122] CE Community Queue Detail
Potential DEW Topics?
If you didn’t already know, the DEW are data engagement workshops that consist of a series of training opportunities and development of learning materials for the CoC and community partners. The goal is to help staff at all levels enhance their understanding of the data collected in HMIS, how to measure program performance, and how to use data to effectively communicate the success of your programs.
Past Workshops Include:
- Getting Started with Looker: Exploring Looks to Support Data Entry
- Taking a Closer Look at Looker Dashboards & Reports in Clarity
- Data Done Right: Data Quality vs. Data Accuracy
- Our Friend, Excel
- How To Tell Your Story
- How to Request Data (How to Monitor Your Data)
- Panning for Data Requests
- HMIS Data In Action
- HMIS Starter Kit
- Demographics – A Deep Dive to Understanding & Presenting Demographic Information
Please be sure and share in any ideas you may have about potential topics you think we should consider for upcoming workshops. You can use the Virtual Suggestion Box or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Agency Manger Access Role
- Agency Manager Role is reserved for Agency Leads
- Notification went out to staff that were not listed as an Agency Lead, who had Agency Manager Role
- If staff was not an Agency Lead, Agency Staff Access Role was provided
- Requesting Staff access? Check out the different type of Access Roles here.
Guest Speaker – Who’s Interested?
As a guest speaker you can share with the rest of the group the array of services provided by your agency
Provide insight on Data Quality practices you have in place as it pertains to HMIS
You will be provided a list of different potential topics and/or ideas you can share
Want to recommend someone? Please use the Virtual Suggestion Box or send an email to us at email@example.com.
Bitfocus Clarity Connect
Due for each agency by January 31st, 2020
Be sure to Update Contact Information in HMIS
- Log into HMIS
- Click on the logo of your initials and/or photo
- Got to ACCOUNT SETTINGS
- In the Phone Number field please update your phone number, be sure to include your extension
SAVE CHANGES when done
Conducted from the comfort of your own office! Each Office Hours session is hosted online by your Santa Clara County Clarity System Administration team. You can connect using your computer (recommended so that you can see demos and post questions) and/or dial in by phone using the Zoom links provided below.
Where Are Office Hours Held?
Looker Office Hours
When: Every other Monday of the month from 2:00pm-3:00pm
Zoom Link: https://bitfocus.zoom.us/j/94622680152
Clarity (HMIS) Office Hours
When: Every other Thursday from 10:00am-11:30am
Zoom Link: https://bitfocus.zoom.us/j/617946839
SCC Clarity HMIS Training Site
Want to hone your skills at data entry without compromising actual client data?
Use the End User Clarity HMIS Training Site
We value your opinion and insight. Please share with us your suggestions by using our new SCC Virtual Suggestion Box. You can access it by using the link above or directly from the HMIS Support page under the CONTACT tab and scrolling to Virtual Suggestion Box option.
Next Agency Admin Meeting
Meeting Location: Zoom Link
When: Thursday, December 3rd, 2020
Time: 2:00pm – 3:30pm
Dates and locations for 2020 meetings are listed on the OSH website:
Bitfocus Contact Information
Support Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bitfocus System Administration Team: email@example.com
Trevor Mells (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Alison Wilson (email@example.com)
Lesly Soto (firstname.lastname@example.org)