Date: Thursday, October 1st, 2020
Time: 2:00PM– 3:30PM
Place: ZOOM Only Meeting
Agency Admin. Lead and/or Representative in Attendance:
|Agency Name||First Name||Last Name|
|Amigos de Guadalupe||Aurora||Olivares|
|BHS SUTS OTP||Gerald||witters|
|BHSD – Whole person care||Guillermo||Munoz|
|Bill Wilson Center||Laura||Foster|
|Breakout Prison Outreach||Anthony||Ortiz, Jr.|
|California Youth Outreach||Julian||Delgadillo|
|California Youth Outreach.||David||Marez|
|Downtown Streets Team||Justin||Damrel|
|Family Supportive Housing||Alexander||Le|
|Gardner Health Services||Sophie||Smith|
|Goodwill of Silicon Valley||Andrea||Kindred|
|Mission Street Sobering Center||Tina||Sentner|
|Momentum for Health||Mai||Nguyen|
|MOVE Mountain View||Michael||Love|
|NOW Program, Goodwill of Silicon Valley||Jessica||Cardoso|
|Pathway Outpatient Santa Clara||Roseann||Martinez|
|Peninsula Healthcare Connection – New Directions||Baldeep||Pabla|
|Sacred Heart Community Service||Paulina||Soto|
|SCC – Office of Supportive Housing||Leila||Qureishi|
|SCC Office of Supportive Housing||KJ||Kaminski|
|Silicon Valley Independent Living Center||Angelica||Holguin|
|SJSU Service Navigation (mentoring) program||Cindy||Parra|
|Social Services SSI Advocacy/Vocational Services||Cassandra||Brenzel|
|St. Joseph’s Family Center||Jose||Macias|
|Sunnyvale Community Services||Catherine||Farry|
|Superior Court of CA, County of Santa Clara||Roxanna||Frias|
|The Health Trust||Ngoc||Ho|
|The Salvation Army||Daniel||Guhl|
|Valley Homeless Healthcare Program||Lorna||Lindo|
Slides from the presentation are here:10. Otocber Agency Admin. Meeting
- CoC|Coordinated Assessment|UPLIFT Updates
- HMIS Newsletter
- New HMIS Features
- LSA Data Quality Outreach
- Quiz Time: Agency Admin. (TA) Responsibilities
- Report Spotlight: [DQXX-103] Monthly Staff Report
- Next Months Meeting
CoC|Coordinated Assessment Updates
- As of 9/29/20 we have distributed 1031 Passes for the Oct-Dec Quarter.
- Passes can be picked up on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9am-12pm only (any changes will be sent out)
- If your agency is unable to pick up passes during those days and times, please let us know.
- Passes can be pick up downstairs from our office:
2310 N 1st St. 1st floor Reception Area. San Jose, CA 95131
To provide the best service during this time, there will be no allocation limit on Oct 1st.
Reminder to all providers:
- Before making your request, check your client’s most recent (latest start date/signed) HMIS ROI (Release of Information) to ensure it is valid and you are not entering data the client did not consent for.
- We are now reviewing if your client has a VALID/Current VI-SPDAT.
- To determine if your client needs a VI-SPDAT, please review the decision chart
All remaining stickers will be offered to all Agencies, first comes first served.
If there are changes who your UPLIFT Point of Contact is – please inform us @ UPLIFT@hhs.sccgov.org
For all UPLIFT related inquiries please email UPLIFT@hhs.sccgov.org
Santa Clara HMIS News, September 2020
Welcome to the Santa Clara County HMIS Newsletter! In this edition you’ll find the following:
- New Features in Clarity
- Agency Admin Resources
- Data Quality Fields: What They Are and Why They Matter
- Report Spotlight: [HUDX-227] Annual Performance Report
- Upcoming Events
- Bitfocus is Hiring!
New HMIS Features
We’ve added a new Warnings feature to Clarity Screens. System Administrators can now configure screen to include a warning message under certain circumstances. The warning displays in the screen for users with an orange warning icon.
There are several updates to the client search page to allow for easier navigation.
- When you search by name, the system will now only include results where the first letters of the first or last name match the search term. For example, “Jo” will return results for “John” and “Joseph” but not “Marjorie.”
- The system will now include the Client Profile image, the client’s age, and ROI status in search results.
There are several updates to the client location tab including
- You can now search by landmarks
- Locations are now sorted by date
- CoC Boundaries displayed in Map
Many other updates and fixes in this release
- Reminder: You can always view new or upcoming features on the News & Announcements section of our help site
- NEXT UP: A brief demo
LSA Data Quality Outreach
Thank you for all of your Data Quality clean up efforts so far!
We will continue to reach out to you as we hear feedback from our submission
Submission is planned for between mid October and November
Quiz Time: Agency Admin. Responsibilities
- A staff member with HMIS access is no longer working at my agency. As the Agency Administrator, what is your next step:
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours
- Contact OSH Manager within 48 hours
- Contact email@example.com within 48 hours
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours
- Which of the following is the responsibility of the HMIS Security Officer
- Submit the quarterly security & compliance checklist
- Reset passwords for staff
- Install Clarity Software on staff computers
- Abide by HIPAA standards
- Which of the following is the schedule for the quarterly security checklist submission
- Quarterly for all staff at your agency
- Quarterly for new staff, end of the year for all staff
- Whenever there is a security issue
- When a new staff is onboarded
- True/False: an agency can have more than one designated Agency Lead
- Which of the following is the FIRST step to get a new user on boarded in HMIS
- Agency Lead should contact the HMIS Helpdesk first
- User should contact the Helpdesk directly
- User should complete all required trainings
- User should click the reset password link in Clarity to get a new password
Report Spotlight: [DQXX-103] Monthly Staff Report
Report Purpose & Summary
The Monthly Staff Report provides three categories of information:
- General data quality
- User Activity (including the number of clients, [both existing and new] that each staff member worked with during the time frame of report)
- Data quality by data element (e.g. Date of Birth, Race, Ethnicity, Veteran Status, etc.) for all clients served
The report also includes staff from other agencies with “additional access” to the reporting agency data.
Check out more about this report at here.
Data Engagement Workshop (DEW)
- Join us for our upcoming data engagement workshop
- Held October 15th from 2-3:30
- This session we are getting hands on with several intermediate looker topics and how you can use these to better explore demographic and other data at your organization
- Space is limited, attendees should have access to Data Analysis in Clarity
- Email Announcement to follow
Update Contact Information in HMIS
- Log into HMIS
- Click on the logo of your initials and/or photo
- Got to ACCOUNT SETTINGS
- In the Phone Number field please update your phone number, be sure to include your extension
SAVE CHANGES when done
Where Are Office Hours Held?
Looker Office Hours are conducted from the comfort of your own office! Each Office Hours session is hosted online by your Santa Clara County Clarity System Administration team. You can connect using your computer (recommended so that you can see demos and post questions) and/or dial in by phone using the following Zoom (click here to access)
When Every other Monday of the month from 2:00pm-3:00pm
Clarity (HMIS) Office Hours will take place on Zoom every other Thursday from 10:00am-11:30am
SCC Clarity HMIS Training Site
Want to hone your skills at data entry without compromising actual client data?
Use the End User Clarity HMIS Training Site
We value your opinion and insight. Please share with us your suggestions by using our new SCC Virtual Suggestion Box. You can access it by using the link above or directly from the HMIS Support page under the CONTACT tab and scrolling to Virtual Suggestion Box option.
CalrityConnect Virtual Conference
- Join Bitfocus for our third annual (and first virtual) Clarity Human Services customer conference.
- We’re convening online October 21-22 for a robust agenda of keynotes and breakout sessions full of practical learnings to unleash your organization’s best work.
- Check out website for a registration LINK
- Registration is FREE
Next Agency Admin Meeting
Meeting Location: Zoom Link
When: Thursday, November 5th, 2020
Time: 2:00pm – 3:30pm
Dates and locations for 2020 meetings are listed on the OSH website:
Bitfocus Contact Information
Support Team: email@example.com
Bitfocus System Administration Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Janel Fletcher (email@example.com)
Trevor Mells (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Alison Wilson (email@example.com)
Lesly Soto (firstname.lastname@example.org)