Date: Thursday, October 3rd, 2019
Time: 2:00PM– 3:30PM
Place: San Jose Berger Auditorium
1555 Berger Dr., Building #2 San Jose, CA 95112
Agency Admin. Lead and/or Representative in Attendance:
|Channy singh||Abode services|
|Ingrid Granados||Amigos de Guadalupe|
|Laura Foster||Bill Wilson Center|
|James Alvarado||City Team|
|Nicole Fargo Nosich||Community Services Agency|
|Maria Del Villar||Community Solutions|
|Mark fries||Community solutions|
|Ariana Ayala||Custody Behavioral Health|
|Maureen Damrel||Destination: Home|
|Justin Damrel||Downtown Streets Team|
|Lourdes Rivera||EVC CCN ambulatory|
|Alex Le||Family Supportive Housing|
|Sophie Smith||Gardner Health Services|
|Jan Stokley||Housing Choices|
|Marty Estrada||Midtown Family Services|
|Teresa Garcia||New Directions|
|Juan Vela||Office of Reentry Services|
|Emrica Agossa||Roots Community Health Center|
|Paulina Soto||Sacred Heart|
|Santa Clara County OSH|
|Rosemary carranza||St. Joseph family center|
|Sunnyvale Community Services|
|Thao Nguyen||The Health Trust|
|Aida Tesfai||Abode Services|
|Luis Gonzalez||Abode Services|
|Rani Jain||Abode Services|
|Janessa villarruel||Gilroy Compassion Center|
|Rita Anzualda||Pathway Society|
|Cassandra Brenzel||Santa Clara County SSI Advocacy|
|Nelsa Alexandre||Vocational Services|
|West Valley Community Services|
|Jade Bradley||West Valley Community Services|
Slides from the presentation are here:10. October 2019 Agency Admin. Meeting
- COC|Coordinated Assessment|UPLIFT Updates
- HMIS Newsletter
- Breakout Groups
- HUD 2020 Data Standards
- Continuous Data Quality Improvement
- Customization of HMIS|Feature Enhancements
- Next Months Meeting
CoC / Coordinated Assessment / UPLIFT
- The CoC submitted our application in late September for approximately $28M. Thank you to all of the agencies who participated over the months-long process, especially to all the agencies who submitted applications. We expect to hear about our award in January and we will send an announcement as soon as we hear.
- Thursday October 10th, 1-2:30pm at Excite Credit Union. All are welcome.
SCC Community Plan Meeting
- The CoC and the County are in the process of developing our next 5-year Community Plan to End Homelessness. We are in the process of gathering input from community members to inform the plan. Thank you to everyone who has participated in stakeholder meetings, focus groups, and interviews thus far. We are holding three public meetings this week and next week, one in North County, on in South County, and one in San Jose.
- Please see the attached flyer for info about the upcoming three meetings.
- Thursday, November 14th, 1-2:30pm. All are welcome.
- As of 10/03/2019 – there are 801 Uplift Stickers left for the quarter
- Reminder to all providers: Before making your request, check your client’s HMIS ROI (Release of Information) to ensure it is valid
- If client did not consent to have a photo posted, DO NOT upload a photo of the client
- All 5 pages of the ROI must be uploaded for ROI to be valid
- Requests with Invalid ROIs will not be processed, and client will be deleted from the UPLIFT Program
- Remember to email the UPLIFT email address, once a correction is made to prevent delays
- Replacement and Pooled Sticker period will begin on November 1st
September 2019 Newsletter included:
- Data Standards Changes Coming to HMIS
- HMIS in the Community: Performance Management Work Group
- Report Improvements and Updates
- Report Spotlight:
- Using [GNRL-103] Service Census report to Review Daily Attendance
- Upcoming Events
- Bitfocus id Hiring!
Scenario #1 with Response
A new staff person is on-boarding and will be doing HMIS data entry. What are the next steps that you need take as the Agency Lead to ensure this staff person is granted access to HMIS?
Scenario #2 with Response
What are actions/steps that should be taken to help minimize and/or to prevent a data breach?
Scenario #3 with Response
According to the Agency Administrator agreement (Technical Administrator and Security Officer Agreement), how frequently should an agency administrator review data quality at their agency?
- Data quality reports should be run at least once per month throughout the year. In the weeks prior to submitting a report, data quality reports may need to be run on a daily basis. And in some instances as deemed necessary on program need.
- Conduct a complete and accurate quarterly review of the Partner Agency’s compliance with all applicable plans, forms, manuals, standards, agreements, policies, and governance documents
- Additionally, check for the following
Scenario #4 with Response
Identify the data quality errors that are found in this client’s profile
Scenario #5 with Response
Please note this client is enrolled in a RRH program with employment assistance. Identify issues that you notice.
HUD 2020 Data Standards are Live!
- Disabling Condition (yes/no): Only appears on the enrollment screen.
- Move-in date: Only appears on enrollment screen. To record a move-in date, open the program enrollment and enter the move-in date on the enrollment screen.
- Current Living Situation Assessments: Replaces Outreach Contact services for Night-by-Night shelters, Street Outreach, and Services Only projects
- New SSVF Services: Extended Shallow Subsidy, Returning Home, Rapid Resolution, and Extended Shallow Subsidy – rental assistance (financial assistance service)
- RHY Programs: New “Other” option and textbox for sexual orientation field
- VA Programs: Required to collect employment status on enrollment and exit screens. Required to enter VAMC station number on enrollment screen.
Continuous Data Quality Improvement (CDQI)
Data Elements on the Profile Screen are a part of a group of Universal Data Elements (UDE) that are required to be collected when a record is made in HMIS.
Data Quality UDE’s Report
This report is designed to show data collection issues on the profile screen:
- Data elements recorded as: Client Doesn’t Know, Client Refused, and Data not Collected.
- SSN errors will also include “Possibly Invalid” (all 0s collected and full SSN reported in quality field) and “Too Short” when the SSN reported is not 9 digits
- “Null” indicates that no response was recorded on the Profile Screen for that data element
- “None” indicates that there is no error with the data collection
Customization of HMIS Features & Enhancements
- CAWG 9/12/19: Staff contact information in HMIS
- CAWG 9/12/19: Notification of alert for the person who touched the client last
- Outreach Meeting 9/27/19: ISP case management functionality
- Outreach Meeting 9/27/19: Automated refer to queue button
- Outreach Meeting 9/27/19: Alerts for incongruent changes
- CCP Meeting 9/30/19: Looker dimension to compare the change in income category b/t entry/status/exit
Have ideas about an enhancement and/or addition to HMIS? Let us know! Drop it in the box! Virtual Suggestion Box
2020 Data Standards Training for End Users
Agency Admin. Meeting Requirement
- Must participate in 7 in-person meetings (Zoom does not count)
- If you cannot make it, please send a representative (who uses HMIS)
- Countdown began with the meeting in September
Upcoming: Data Engagement Workshop (DEW)
VI-SPDAT Impact on HMIS Access
- Staff who miss the 60-day threshold after being granted access to HMIS will receive a courtesy email (OSH|Agency Lead| End User) from Bitfocus
- Staff will have 72 hours to register for an upcoming training and must show verification of sign-up to prevent account deactivation
- Staff who do not show up to a training will have account disabled
- Please ensure staff are using a work related email address
Agency Admin. Structure Survey
Survey will be sent out on Thursday, October 10th
Report Update: [DQXX-103] Monthly Staff Report
- Report glitch has been fixed, please expect to receive report on the first and last day of the month
- If you are listed as an Agency Lead, you will receive this report
- If you’d like you can run this report located in the Report Library under Email Reports
We value your opinion and insight. Please share with us your suggestions by using our new SCC Virtual Suggestion Box. You can access it by using the link above or directly from the HMIS Support page under the CONTACT tab and scrolling to Virtual Suggestion Box option.
Next Agency Admin Meeting
Meeting Location: PLEASE NOTE LOCATION CHANGE
When: Thursday, November 7th, 2019
Time: 2:00pm – 3:30pm
San Jose Public Library, Community Room
Dates and locations for 2019 meetings are listed on the OSH website:
Bitfocus Contact Information
Bitfocus System Administration Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
Janel Fletcher (email@example.com )
Alison Wilson (firstname.lastname@example.org )
Lesly Soto (email@example.com )
Support Team: firstname.lastname@example.org